Program Manager: Clean Energy Portfolio
The Program Manager will help support Empowered by Light (EBL) in its efforts to provide communities in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, South America and the U.S. with renewable energy technologies. The individual must be 100% committed to EBL’s mission, passionate about the protection of the environment, and committed to solving energy poverty with clean energy. The program manager must be culturally sensitive, be able to work collaboratively, and be willing to travel—often to remote areas in developing countries. The individual who takes this on, will be a self-starter interested in coming in on the ground floor of a nimble and cutting edge organization poised to grow its reach and impact.
● Assist in overseeing the planning and deployment of projects in the regions and countries where Empowered by Light (EBL) is currently operating.
● Achieve EBL’s operational objectives.
● Assist with meeting EBL’s financial objectives.
● Plan and undertake travel to project sites.
● Assist the Executive Director in fundraising.
● Contribute to the identification, vetting and contracting of new partners for EBL.
● Increase the visibility and further strengthen the position of EBL in the clean energy space.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Solid project management skills and practical experience.
● Ability to develop, manage and report on budgets
● Excellent communication and writing skills.
● Ability to work independently.
● Knowledge and/or experience in solar technologies and applications preferred.
● Critical thinker.
For a complete description of the Program Manager position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.